“Effective Sales Compensation programs need to be aligned across the spectrum of sales force elements as well as technical design – everything needs to be considered, from the roles themselves, territory structure, quota setting process, communication of plans and reporting of results, to appropriate pay mix, structure and frequency, and crediting”
Per Torgersen works with sales leadership, sales operations, HR and other functions to determine optimal sales compensation plans that fit with the organization’s strategy, culture, and measurement and reporting capabilities, to drive the desired top or bottom line results.
- Has over two decades of sales effectiveness and sales compensation experience in working with clients in the pharmaceutical, medical devices and products, telecommunications, insurance, manufacturing, and other industries
- Served as Central Region practice leader in national/global firms including Deloitte Consulting, Sibson, and Hewitt Associates before joining Better Sales Comp Consultants
- Previous positions include field sales for Baxter International and Director of Sales Effectiveness at Sara Lee
- Experience spans domestic and international organizations or all sizes
- Speaker on sales effectiveness and compensation issues at numerous conferences