“A sales compensation program should serve as a critical enabler of your business strategies and sales success. Your sales incentive costs are significant; it is essential to ensure your plans direct, retain, and motivate. Few levers can so quickly or efficiently impact the overall performance of a sales organization!”
Clinton helps clients utilize sales compensation investments to achieve business and sales results. Without a properly focused, motivated, and rewarded sales team, achieving overall business goals becomes something hoped for rather than enabled. His work focuses on motivating sales and service people to fulfill the promise of an organization’s unique business objectives.
- Clinton has two decades of consulting experience working across a range of industries including software, hardware, consumer products/DSD, medical products, financial services, and others.
- He enjoys a particular emphasis on helping small or medium sized businesses evolve the sales organization and compensation program toward greater maturity, effectiveness, and sophistication
- He also enjoys helping mature organizations return to higher growth trajectories.
- Formerly served as the Western Region Sales Effectiveness Practice Leader at Watson Wyatt (now Willis Towers Watson) before starting Better Sales Comp Consultants.
- Held human capital and process consulting roles at Sibson Consulting and Accenture.
- Frequent conference speaker and author — Workspan, WorldatWork, and other events.
- Earned an MBA with distinction from UCLA Anderson School of Management.