Read Our Latest Articles,
Tips & News
One of the most common and significant topics during sales compensation design engagements focuses on the right mechanic to use – whether to use a Cost of Sales or Cost of Labor model.
Recently, we’ve observed retail organizations becoming more concerned about ensuring their sales incentives are rewarding appropriately and driving store-level results.
Millions of fake customer accounts. 5,300 rank-and-file employees terminated. $190M in federal regulatory fines. Fraudulent behavior apparently dating back years.
Want to Learn How Sales Compensation Can Drive Your Business?
Our consultants frequently write articles in various sales management and HR publications on current themes related to sales effectiveness and compensation. Some recently published articles include:
BSC’s Design Guide to Success: Top Ten Tips to Ensure a Successful Sales Compensation Assessment and Design Project
In BSC’s Design Guide to Success, BSC founders and principals – Ted Briggs and Clinton Gott – provide comprehensive and detailed advice for ensuring your
organization’s sales compensation assessment and design process is a great success. Organized efficiently into BSC’s Top Ten Tips, their Guide to Success includes views on your most critical topics, including:
- Ensuring clear strategy and role definition
- Securing executive vision and buy-in – before it’s too late!
- Following a tested and proven project approach and timeline
- Including the right design team members and assessment inputs to ensure your most optimal results
- Selling and communicating the new plans to the field sales organization
Clinton and Ted are happy to share their insights gained through decades of sales compensation consulting across as wide range of industries and clients.
To download this free and informative guide, please visit BSC’s Design Guide to Success
BSC Principals have published numerous articles in Workspan. WorkatWork members can access them using their membership links, or please reach out to
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- How HR Can Help Sales and Finance See Eye-to-Eye
By Clinton Gott (October 2017)
- Using an Insightful Sales Compensation Metric – Compensation Cost of Sales
By Clinton Gott and Ted Briggs (September 2017)
- How to Evolve Sales Compensation Plans for Growth
By Clinton Gott (August 2017)
- Sales Compensation Design – Avoid Haphazard Plans By Using a Comprehensive Annual Process
By Clinton Gott (July 2017)
- Symptoms of a Quota-Setting Process In Need of Improvement
By Ted Briggs and Clinton Gott (May 2013)
- Merging Sales Teams and Compensation Programs – Finding an Almost Perfect Union
By Clinton Gott (February 2009)
- The Power of Better Sales Compensation – A Case Study in Using New Goal-Based Plan Designs
By Clinton Gott (October 2008)